1. What's the difference between the UMix App and Enterprise?
The UMix App
- The UMix App provides instant, local control to play any playlist any time.
- It’s runs on your Android device. Another option is to use the UMix App inside a browser – Just log in at apps.umixmedia.com.
- Enterprise is for centralized control. There is no local control, so on-site employees cannot change the music.
- It’s an integrated, cloud system that uses our website (for centralized programming) and music player software (in the location to play music). The player software can be on your Windows or Android device, or you can buy a player from us.
- Our website provides an extensive set of features for complete, centralized control of music and settings. It also includes thorough, detailed log reports so you can easily monitor your locations.
2. What hardware do I need?
You may not need any new hardware at all. Here we list the UMix products, and on what hardware each will play.
- The UMix App – Plays in any browser. So use any hardware you like. We also offer a UMix App you can install on your Android devices.
- UMix Enterprise – We offer player software applications for Android and for Windows.
- Digital Signage – We offer a player software application for Windows only.
NOTE: Your can also purchase player hardware from us.
- Android Music Player – $49 for our Ethernet player, $69 for our WiFi enabled tablet.
- Windows Digital Signage Player – $149 Note this system can simultaneously play our music.
Order before noon (M-F) and we typically ship the same day. $15 added for shipping, cables and prep.
3. Are the music royalties included with my subscription?
- Yes. Royalties are included for the expressed, limited purpose of background music to be heard by the public in retail stores, restaurants, banks, schools, airports, etc.
- Our music may be played on speaker systems or telephone on-hold.
- If your use of music extends beyond these cases (examples are a bar that carries live music or a health club that includes dance classes) you can still use our service for the purpose of background music. You may be required to pay royalties directly to ASCAP and BMI for the other uses of music. Please contact ASCAP and BMI with questions. If you are in Canada, please contact SOCAN and Re:Sound.
- We offer All Major Record Labels and thousands of songs by Independent Artists.
- Royalties for Major Label artist recordings are included in the Subscription for the U.S and our territories and for Canada.
- Royalties on Independent artist content are included globally.
- Major Label songs may be used in outside the U.S. and Canada under the condition of written verification to UMix that appropriate royalties are paid by the subscriber to the proper authorities within the local jurisdiction.
- Our subscriber agreement enumerates the specific allowable uses of our music.
Consult with your attorney with questions regarding your use of music. UMix provides no legal advice.
4. How does payment work with UMix?
We do all we can to make payment as seamless as possible for our customers.
Here’s how it works for the UMix App.
- Sign up here or in the app you can get in the Google Play Store. You’ll start with our free 7-day trial. Your business information and credit card are required.
- We will bill your card each month until you cancel. Cancellation is done by pressing the Cancel Service button on the billing tab in the app.
- Buy one month of service here. The hardware player purchase is at your option – as explained in FAQ 2. We email an invoice for that purchase, stamped paid because you pay when you buy.
- At the same time we send a second invoice for the three month period that follows the first month. Simply pay that before the due date if you want the subscription to continue. Subsequent subscription invoices are sent 30 days before the subscription ends.
- You can view and pay invoices through our portal.
- The UMix App requires a credit card. Billing is monthly.
- For Enterprise and Digital Signage, we accept major credit cards, checks, bank transfers and PayPal. Aside from the first month, the minimum billing period is three months.
- All subscriptions are paid in advance and the service stops (for all locations in the account) for unpaid subscriptions.
- Hardware is payable in advance of shipment.
5. Do I need an audio system?
Yes. All UMix products require customers to have an amplifier and speakers or amplified speakers.
6. How do I connect from my device (or the UMix Player) to my amplifier or receiver?
See our Audio Cable Connections One-Sheet for the easy details.
7. I don't have Ethernet near my amplifier. Does UMix sell a player that is WiFi capable?
Yes. The UMix Tablet is WiFi capable.
8. Can I play more than one zone of music at a time?
The UMix Enterprise music player is capable of two distinct zones of simultaneous playback of music and/or messages.
If you need more than one player at the same physical address, the first zone on each additional player is only $10 – not $23.
9. Does UMix install audio systems?
No. We do not.
10. Does UMix offer discounts based on number of locations or organization type?
No. UMix offers no discounts on service or on hardware.