1. How does UMix work?
- UMix is a business music system that uses our website (for centralized programming) and our music player software (in the location to play music).
- The player software can be on your Windows PC or Android device, or you can buy a player from us.
- Our website provides an extensive set of features for complete, centralized control of music and settings. It also includes detailed log reports for music and messages so you can easily monitor your locations.
- There is no local control, so on-site employees cannot change the music.
2. What hardware do I need?
You may not need any new hardware at all. If you have a PC or Android device you want to use, you can just use our software. If not, you can order player hardware from us. Any business music system will require an amplifier and speakers to play the music.
3. Are the music royalties included?
- Yes. Royalties are included for the expressed, limited purpose of background music to be heard by the public in retail stores, restaurants, banks, schools, airports, etc.
- Our music may be played on speaker systems or telephone on-hold.
- If your use of music extends beyond these cases (examples are a bar that carries live music or a health club that includes dance classes) you can still use our service for the purpose of background music. You may be required to pay royalties directly to ASCAP and BMI for the other uses of music. Please contact ASCAP and BMI with questions. If you are in Canada, please contact SOCAN and Re:Sound.
- We offer All Major Record Labels and thousands of songs by Independent Artists.
- Royalties for Major Label artist recordings are included in the Subscription for the U.S and our territories and for Canada.
- Royalties on Independent artist content are included globally.
- Major Label songs may be used in outside the U.S. and Canada under the condition of written verification to UMix that appropriate royalties are paid by the subscriber to the proper authorities within the local jurisdiction.
- Our subscriber agreement enumerates the specific allowable uses of our music.
Consult with your attorney with questions regarding your use of music. UMix provides no legal advice.
4. How does payment work?
We do all we can to make payment as seamless as possible for our customers. Here’s how it works.
- Buy one month of service here. – As explained in FAQ Number 2, the hardware player purchase is at your option. We email an invoice for that purchase, stamped paid because you pay for the hardware when you buy using our cart.
- At the same time, we send a second invoice for the three month period that follows the first month. Simply pay that before the due date if you want the subscription to continue. Subsequent subscription invoices are sent 30 days before the subscription ends.
- You can view and pay invoices through our portal.
- We accept major credit cards, checks, bank transfers and PayPal. Aside from the first month, the minimum billing period is three months.
- All subscriptions are paid in advance and the service stops (for all locations in the account) for unpaid subscriptions.
- Hardware is payable in advance of shipment
5. Do I need an audio system?
Yes. Like virtually all business music systems, UMix products require customers to have an amplifier and speakers or amplified speakers.
6. How do I connect to my amplifier?
See our Audio Cables One-sheet for the easy details.
7. Are UMix players WiFi capable?
Yes. UMix players are WiFi capable.
8. Can I play more than one zone of music at a time?
Yes. UMix is capable of two distinct zones of simultaneous playback of music and/or messages.
9. Does UMix install audio systems?
No. Audio systems and music content/delivery are two separate areas of expertise. UMix customers use their own audio systems and installers when needed.
10. Does UMix offer discounts?
No. Our pricing is designed to deliver value and to be 100% transparent, easy to understand and fair. Most competitors have complicated “plans,” pricing schemes, and contracts designed to cloud the matter and to benefit them. We keep it simple.
11. How does UMix provide support?
For years UMix has been an industry leader in a number of ways. Examples are: streaming music for business, customer-centered control of everything, electronic billing, transparent logs and playback reports, no long contracts, simple, low pricing…and the list goes on. UMix is also on the forefront of providing meaningful support using a process that provides actual help to our customers, quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
Our goal at UMix is to deliver true value to our customers with a quality product and direct, accessible support.
Time is the most consideration in the delivering quality support. Our approach to delivering timely support is a result of years of experience working with many customers of varying backgrounds.
Here’s how it works. Customer access UMix support by clicking a support icon on the bottom right of any web page, or by going to https://support.umixmedia.com. We provide a knowledge base (KB) that includes information on how to use the system and straight-forward troubleshooting steps. Most issues are solved by customers themselves simply by checking the knowledge base. If customers need further help, they create a ticket, and we respond promptly.